Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Personal Insights

Do you ever have days or moments when you are screaming on the inside? Maybe you don't even know what you're screaming, you just know that you are. You walk around, going about your business and when people ask you how you are you smile flatly and say "I'm fine." But really you are screaming. Screaming to get out. Screaming to let go. Screaming to give up or screaming to move on.
Well, I'm having one of those days. Only, I'm screaming for more. I WANT MORE!! More of life, more of purpose, more of joy. When I really think about...more of GOD and in no uncertain terms, Jesus.
I have found that He is the only one who can give me purpose. Peace in the mad confusion in my head. His peace has a name and it is called "The Sabbath Rest." It is referenced in the New Testament and Hebrews Chapter 4 explains it. He wants us to rest from our ways and our thoughts. He wants us to be partakers of His goodness. But this only comes through obedience to His Will and His Word. If you've been screaming inside like I have today, I encourage you to read it. Then "be still and know that He is God" and stop screaming.

No comments: