Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Go on, do it!

Today while I was taking a shower I pretty much did the regular routine. Wash up and shave legs if stubbly. Then I realized that my shower head is one of the kind that comes off, you know, the kind you can hold. (I recently moved into a new condo and hadn't really paid attention to the shower head before.)

I looked at it for a second and then yanked it down in front of my face and belted out the loudest operatic LO LO LO LO LAAAAAAAAAAA! I could muster.
My reason for doing this? I have none other than the fact that it feels good to laugh even if it's just for me! I went on for about 30 seconds and I had to stop because I was laughing so hard at my ridiculous self.

You know what I think? I think we adults forget to have fun in the mundane. I remember that song from Cyprus Hill that goes "Insane in the Membrane." (I'm not a fan of them, I just remember the song.) Well, lately I have felt bored with the day in, day out...I found myself saying "Insane in the Mundane" instead. But it's true, isn't it? Life can be mundane and monotonous and boring if we let it. So I want to be inspired! If I can't find the inspiration from the outside, then I want to find it on the inside! and vice versa.

We could all use a little spontaneity, a little spice, a little neon as opposed to the basic box of Crayola.

So get out there and do something a little spontaneous today, a little crazy, a little out of the ordinary. And while you're at it, I'd be curious to know what you did...now Go on and do it!

No comments: