Saturday, May 26, 2007

Snoopy

I'm not sure why but for some reason people have always had a problem hearing and understanding my name. This has always been very frustrating as this has continued to happen throughout my whole life. When introducing myself to people or giving people my name over the phone or ordering a drink the conversations tend to go like this. "Hi, my name's Colleen."
"It's nice to meet you Pauline."
"No it's Colleen."
"Holly?"
"No, Colleen with a C." And I motion a C with my hand."
"Oh, Connie!" They say.
At this point, I unfortunately tend to sound overly forceful and loud when I repeat for the fourth time, No! It's COLLEEN!" At which point I usually end up embarrassing the poor soul, which makes for a very bad first impression.

It is for this reason when ordering my favorite coffee drinks and they ask for my name, I say "Just call me Snoopy."

No comments: