Monday, May 28, 2007

salt

Did I mention that I have a salt addiction?
I salt EVERYTHING. It's disgusting. Or just ridiculous, I'm not sure.
My roommate Anna and I went to dinner at this little pizza joint right around the corner from our place.
We sat at the table and she watched while I salted the bread that our beatnik waiter gave us. Then she blurted out, "I've decided that I'm gonna buy you a salt lick. You know the kind you hang in a cage for a Bunny? I'm going to buy you one of those, but I'll just get a string so you can tie it around your neck. Then you can have a bite of food and a lick of salt. Bite of food, lick of salt."
"Hey, that's not a bad idea." I said.
And we sat there trying to muffle our giggles.

1 comment:

AnnaMarlene said...

I want to add that when Colleen says "bread" she means rolls covered in garlic and butter...lets be honest these garlic rolls where already salty to the normal persons tast...but to Colleen they were just not making her thirsty enough...so they needed a little salt...hence the comment...