Monday, June 30, 2008

For Whom The Bell Tolls. Tonight, That Would Be Me.

Tonight, I kinda missed dinner. It wasn't until about 9:30 that I was hungry anyway. I was going to head off to the grocery store for some salad fixings since I had no food in the house, (Score one point for being single! I shop when I darn well feel like shopping!) when a friend called me to come over. I realized that the grocery store would take too long. That left me with one of two options. Don't eat dinner at all, or pick up fast food. I almost never, ever eat fast food. I would usually rather go hungry. However at this point, I was already extremely hungry and since there is a Taco Bell right down the street, I figured that was going to have to be my choice of poison for the night.

The last time I was in Taco Bell was when some dork-o cheapskate took me there on a lousy date years ago. I walked into the place like a 15 year old who sneaks into an R rated movie. That is how awkward I feel about fast food. I had no idea what to order so the guy recommend a soft taco. I ordered one. He told me that would never fill me up. So on his recommendation I ordered two for a whopping grand total of 2 dollars and 15 cents. "That's it?" I said. I couldn't believe it. My grande, split americano with room is more than that and here I was getting a whole meal! No wonder Americans are getting bigger, I didn't realize fast food was so inexpensive!

As I drove over to my friends house I could smell my dinner wafting through the car. It smelled pretty good to my hungry nose. Upon arrival I was exclaiming how excited I was that my dinner was so cheap, but that's when my friend Jeff had to go and ruin it for me.

"Wow, Colleen." He said. "That's pretty cheap for diarrhea."

Sick.

No comments: