Friday, February 1, 2008

Lunch for Emily

Once upon a time during my days as a nanny, one of my favorite things to do was make Emily's lunch for school. I would chop up apples and make her favorite sandwich which was turkey, tomato, mayo and avocado with "just a touch a salt." Then add some cookies and juice. Lastly, I would write her little love notes on her napkin, or a Post It saying "I love you Emily!" Or "I hope you are having a great day!" At that time her birth mother had passed away and her father had not yet remarried, thus my reason for being her nanny. That being said we were especially close and we adored each other. I never took the place of "Mom" but I was like a young hip guardian over her sweet little life.

I was her Nanny and she was My Emily and no one will ever be able to take that away from us.

No comments: