Friday, February 15, 2008

The Cookie Monster

Sick. I feel so sick. My mother sent me homemade Valentine cookies today. It's 12am and I fell asleep on the couch then woke up in a stupor and just wolfed down 7...no, 8(?) of her cookies. I can't believe I just did that. It's not like me to gorge myself of food. I usually have pretty good self control. But it's only after I ate them one after another that the sugar high has kicked in and I'm aware of what I've done. She's a liar. She put crack in those cookies.

And I'll be running those off for the rest of the weekend...

12 comments:

Annie said...

One of the guys at work brought us cookies for Valentine's Day. I had two huge pumpkin spice cookies for breakfast, and then my tummy felt funny the rest of the day... But man, they were good!

xeonX said...

he he :)

~**Dawn**~ said...

Cooookieeee.
;-)

colleen said...

I had a sugar high yesterday too. Yuck, I quickly ran down to our cafeteria at work and grabbed some protein. That usually fixes it pretty quick.

But sweet that your Mom sent you cookies!

Adventurer w/o Borders said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Adventurer w/o Borders said...

'Tis better to have eaten cookies and lost
Than never to have eaten the cookies at all.
Alfred Lord Tennyson - ok, a very liberal quotation

Susan Kelly Skitt said...

Oh man, it must be catching. I made a chocolate cheesecake for my hubby (I only do it once a year, making a cheesecake that is) and let's just say I've been snitching WAY too much since yesterday... waah! At least I'll be active outside over the weekend :)

Dan Mega said...

mmmm...cookies

xeonX said...

Long time no post. hope alls well there..

AnnaMarlene said...

Helloooooo???!!! I live with you and know all that is going on and even I miss your posts!!

~**Dawn**~ said...

::throws hands up in bewilderment::
Colleen all gone?

Colleen said...

Xeonx, Anna and Dawn-- Thanks for looking out for me. Don't worry, I'LL BE BACK!