Sunday, October 28, 2007

Feet Stew


Feet to me smell just like cheese.
Fritios or toe-chip if you please.
I've decided to concoct Feet Stew.
The ingredients I need are potent, but few.
First I need some buttermilk and a hunk
of cheddar cheese.
Then I'll get some Doritos. Five packets if you please.
I'll need some Gorgonzola and whatever's between my toes.
Oh the smell is cheesy as it wafts into my nose!
And of course I'll need one stinky sock.
My brother's will do the trick.
His 1980's tube socks
will make it nice and thick.
With little salt and fresh ground pepper,
Then I'll mix it all together.
Hey everyone! It's time for dinner!
It's time to eat Feet Stew!
But I've decided not to eat it.
I'll just watch all of you.

7 comments:

AnnaMarlene said...

I don't know what all that fuss was about you've written way...shall we say stinkier poems?
I already told you I like this one...what you don't trust your roommate anymore?!

Life in Him said...

That was funny. Although i love cheese and stew, i think i'll watch the others eat it with you.

Colleen said...

Jane- hey thanks! Who would like it more Jaden or Steve? (heh heh)

colleen said...

Ahh! This is great! It reminds me of a scene from Friends when Ross told Rachel that her cooking tasted like feet.

Tanya said...

i can't wait for you to be published! I will surely buy your book. Then I'll show my little one (somewhere in the near future) your book and say "hey little baby.. are you ready to read your mommy's friend's book?"

~**Dawn**~ said...

The first thing I thought was why can I see Brian & Mega *loving* this poem?? LOL!

Really though? You remind me of how much I enjoyed Shel Silverstein as a child. Because his poetry was fun. Your poetry is fun. You get what appeals to kids. And anything that makes reading appealing for kids is a wonderful thing!

david mcmahon said...

Wonderful. Quite a feat, er, feet!