Thursday, August 2, 2007

Bond Girl

Yesterday, I managed to lock myself out. It was a deliciously hot day and I was reading on the stairs outside my condo. I was barefoot and as I sat there reading my Bible, all of a sudden a strong hot wind blew in and slammed the door behind me. Unfortunately for me, I hadn't turned the latch on the doorknob, from lock to unlock, so when it slammed shut I was locked out.

A quick moment of panic sets in. "I know!" I thought to myself. "I'll grab my keys and drive to my friends work where he has a spare set." But my keys are in the house along with the rest of my life. Idiot. Then I remember I can't even walk anywhere, because I'm barefoot and the pavement is hot enough to fry an egg on it. "Don't panic." I tell myself. The balcony from my front door ends right before the front of my kitchen window, so...

I decided to attempt a break in. I leaned over the railing and picked out the screen window. Then I stood on top of the railing and straddled it and the ledge of my kitchen window sill. I couldn't decide if I was glad no one was there or not. I was three stories up, so no one could spot me if I fell. At the same time I was wearing my jean skirt, so even if there was a person there, they would have gotten a clear shot of my knickers. Yikes.

I gingerly managed to squeeze myself into the window and onto my counter top. Phew! I did it. Honestly. I hadn't pulled a stunt like that since high school when I locked myself out and climbed up the side of the drain pipe. After 15 years, I'm still a James Bond Girl!

4 comments:

Pin H. Chen said...

Hey! Isn't that the plot to an episode of some TV SitCom?

Colleen said...

Really?! I had no idea!

david mcmahon said...

You really are a Bond girl, Colleen!

Amber Leaders said...

hahha you are silly!